THE EFFECT OF FINANCIAL LITERATURE ON STUDENT BEHAVIOR IN MANAGING FINANCIAL FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS UNIVERSITAS MUHAMMADIYAH SUMATRA UTARA

Yuyi Mahyuni Pohan, Julita Julita

Abstract


The low level of financial literacy among students based on the OJK survey explained that most students still do not understand the concept of finance, even though students should be biased independently manage their finances well  and are responsible for the financial satisfaction they make, because for them they manage their own finances without parentalsupervision.  In accordance with the problems posed in the  study, the purpose of  this study aims to determine the  level of  financial literacy of Management Study  Program Students, Faculty of Economics and Business, UMSU.  To find out the effect of student financial litteration on the financial management of Management Study  Program Students, Faculty of Economics and Business, UMSU.  This  research  is a quantitative study with data  collection techniques using questionnaires.  The number of  sampe used was 85 students of  the management study program of the University of Muhammadiyah North Sumatra.  Based on the t testobtained  with a calculated T valueof 4.023 and a table T provision valueof 1.989 (4.023 > 1.989), and a significant value of 0.000 < 0.05 , Then H0 is rejected. What is important is the influence of financial literacy on the financial management of UMSU Faculty of Economics and Business students.  Based on the value (R-Square) of 0.163 shows a variable financial literacy towards financial management of 16.3%, while the remaining 83.7% can be explained by other independent variabes that were not included in this study.

Full Text:

PDF

References


Dikria, O. dan, & Mintarti, S. U. (2016). Pengaruh Literasi Keuangan Dan Pengendalian Diri Terhadap Perilaku Konsumtif Mahasiswa Jurusan Ekonomi Pembangunan Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Negeri Malang Angkatan 2013. Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi, 9(2), 128–139.

Huston, S. J. (2010). Measuring Financial Literacy. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 44(2), 296–316. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6606.2010.01170.x

Krishna, A. S. S., Sari, M., & Rofaida, R. (2010). Analisis Tingkat Literasi Keuangan Di Kalangan Mahasiswa dan Faktor-Faktor yang Mempengaruhinya (Survey Pada Mahasiswa Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia). Proceedings of The 4th International Conference on Teacher Education, 4(1), 552–560.

Lusardi, A., Mitchell, O, S., & Carto, V. (2009a). Financial Literacy Among The Young : Evidence And Implications For Consumer Policy. Working Paper 15352, 1(1), 3–34.

Lusardi, A., Mitchell, O, S., & Carto, V. (2009b). Financial Literacy Among The Young: Evidence And Implications For Consumer Policy. Working Paper 15352, 1, 34.

Pulungan, D. R. (2017). Literasi Keuangan Dan Dampaknya Terhadap Perilaku Keuangan Masyarakat Kota Medan. EKONOMIKAWAN: Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi Dan Studi Pembangunan, 17(1), 56–61. https://doi.org/10.30596/ekonomikawan.v17i1.1180

Sugiyono. (2017). Metode Penelitian Kuantitati, Kualitatif dan R & D. Alfabeta.

Wariyah. (2014). Lembaga Penelitian Dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat (LPPM) Universitas Mercubuana Yogyakarta. Sosio - Humaniora, 5(1), 1–25.

Widayati, I. (2012). Faktor - Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Literasi Finansial Mahasiswa Fakultas Ekonomi dan Bisnis Universitas Brawijaya. Jurnal Akuntansi Dan Pendidikan, 1(1), 89–99.

Yulianti, N., & Silvy, M. (2013). Sikap Pengelola Keuangan Dan Perilaku Perencanaan Investasi Keluarga Di Surabaya. Journal of Business and Banking, 3(1), 57–68.


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Online ISSN: 2722-7618